Dunkin the Bunny

Dunkin the Bunny
Exploring his new surroundings

Monday, September 22, 2014

Best 1st Day Ever!!!

    Wow! Thanks everyone for visiting my page! Mom and I are overwhelmed with how many people visited my blog to see what me and my fourth grade friends are going to do this year. Mom wanted me to say she is sorry our blog isn't fancy yet, but she's working on it.

   So my first day at Navasota Intermediate went great! I had so much fun. I got so excited because everyone wanted to be my friend. I even had friends from other classes come in to meet me. Man, do I feel cool!

   My friend Jonathan got to give me a treat because I was being a good listener while Mom, I mean Miss Boswell, was teaching. Jonathan kept laughing at me, but that might have just been my whiskers tickling his hand.

  My friend Chelsea came and explained what Summarizing means. Thank goodness she came and explained it to me, because I would have been WAYYY behind. I had to ask her what the difference between a main character and supporting character was, but she explained that the main character is the one that has all the action happening to it. She is so smart! She even gave me an example of summarizing the story about some crazy bunny named Peter Rabbit. (I mean come on dude! You should've known not to go to that garden.)

  Oh yea! I think the funniest part of my day was when Ms. French, everyone calls her Ms. French-fry, came to teach us about Narrative Writing. I really liked how she had us up doing the Plot dance! I think I hit my head on the cage because I got so excited about the climax of the story, I jumped too high.

  There were so many awesome parts of my day that I'm super excited to go back. Well it is time for homework! I need to go knockout some points on my spelling contract and read for twenty minutes. I wonder if my puppy sister, Mallory, will let me read a book to her. I really want to read Peter Rabbit after that awesome summary lesson!

Have a Hoppy Evening!


2 comments:

  1. Enjoy learning, Dunkin! Reading is the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I get read to by my friends, they're great readers and great teachers! Thanks for following my journey!

      Delete