Dunkin the Bunny

Dunkin the Bunny
Exploring his new surroundings

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Consequences

Hey friends!

  I'm so excited that tomorrow is Friday! How about you?

  Today was another good day at Navasota Intermediate. I've got no complaints! Well, except one. Mom put me on lock down after lunch time today for no reason! She is such a mean mom.

  Ok, so that isn't the whole truth. I guess it was my fault. It started off just like the other mornings. Mom went to pick up all my friends and we sat quietly waiting for announcements to come on and read our books. After announcements, Mom decided it was ok if I took some laps around the room. This was cool because it was early in the morning and normally she doesn't let me out until later. So I walked around and talked about the assignment with my friends.

  After about an hour, she asked me to go back to my pen. Politely, I told her no thanks and hopped to the other side of the class. So she found me and came over to me and asked me again. "Yea, ummm, No thanks Mom! It is time to run." So I ran around the classroom until she finally managed to wrangle me back into the cage. Needless to say, I was in trouble.

  She waited until my friends went to lunch to have a one on one talk with me. She told me that when  a teacher gives you directions or asks you to do something, you're supposed to do it, even when you don't want to. Well then came the big bummer, I had a consequence for not following directions. I wasn't allowed out of my pen the rest of the day!

   I told her I didn't care and puffed my tail at her. She waited for me to stop throwing a fit to talk to me again. She told me that she has rules because she cares about us. (Hey, she is always telling our class "You Matter.") I think she really does care. She then talked about when we get in trouble and have to sit out and not participate, it effects our friends too.

  WAIT WHAT?! I didn't want to let my friends down! I didn't know that if I got in trouble, my friends suffer the consequence of not getting to work with me. It all made sense! I was stuck in my pen, and my classmates didn't get to work with me, it effected us both.

  I'm really sorry friends! I'll really think about my actions the next time I feel like not following the rules. Getting used to the rules has been difficult, but I now know that it is what is best for me and my friends. When we all follow rules, we get rewards! I like this idea.

  Time to finish up my homework! My spelling contract and reading log are due tomorrow, AND I have a spelling test! That is ok! Mallo, my sister, and I have been doing the spelling clap, and I feel confident that I can spell them all.

Sweet dreams friends!

7 comments: