Dunkin the Bunny

Dunkin the Bunny
Exploring his new surroundings

Monday, September 29, 2014

Multiplication and Arrays with Cheerios!!

Hey friends!

  It was a great day back from the weekend. I got to hop around and catch up with my friends. I even learned from my own blog, too! I went into my pen when Mom asked me too.

  Anyways, we learned A LOT! We are really focusing on multiplication in our class. There is something called minute math, and I only got through 4 of the problems in a minute! That means I didn't get to the other 26 problems. That is ok though! Mom says that at the end of the unit, we are going to take the same quiz to see how much we have improved.

   She taught us a really cool way to find out the answer to one digit multiplication problems. She taught us using arrays. Guess what materials we got to use to build our arrays?! CHEERIOS!! How cool is that?! Food, helping us with Math. I knew I liked this school!

 We even had a competition. Mom would write a problem on the board and then give us two minutes to build our array, count the cheerios and answer it. Only thing that wasn't fun, we didn't get to eat the Cheerios at the end. :(

  Do you want to know something else that is cool? So, I've told you my friends are really smart, right? Well every group got 100% correct and was laughing and having fun. I can't wait to do it again, tomorrow!


  Time for homework! This week, we have to memorize our 5x and 10x tables for a quiz on Friday. I think if I just spend 5 minutes a day on each set, I will be good to go on Friday. (Plus my 20 minutes of reading.)

Well onwards and upwards my friends! Have a hoppy evening! 

 I was a tired bunny. Mom and I were at school for 12 hours today! I had to sneak in a nap!


1 comment:

  1. Keep working, Dunkin! Progress can be exhausting, but it pays off!

    ReplyDelete