Dunkin the Bunny

Dunkin the Bunny
Exploring his new surroundings

Sunday, September 21, 2014

All about me!

Hello online community! 

My name is Dunkin and I'm a special bunny! When I was surrendered to the Bunny Burrow Rabbit Rescue, my teeth were in bad shape. The people there took such great care of me. They took me to a vet and I had surgery to remove my front four incisors. Don't fear, I have found a way to eat all my food and veggies without them. My foster mom Megan, cut up my food into small enough pieces so that I could eat all my favorite veggies.

Fast - forward to my forever mom. She is a 4th grade teacher at Navasota Intermediate School in Navasota, Tx. She loves her kids so much that she convinced her principal and fiancé that a bunny would make a huge difference in the learning that takes place in her classroom. Once everyone was on board, she set out to find the perfect bunny. Mom, or Miss Boswell as they call her, gave her students a list of bunnies she could find that would be a good fit for their room. She told me that every single student picked me!! She said they told her that no other bunny would do! They said that I was a super bunny and that they had to get me because I needed them. Man were they right!

So my forever mom talked to my foster mom and found out all about my quirks. Mom knew she had to have me (Or so she says). After paperwork and a long three day wait until she could pick me up, Mom drove all the way to Dallas on Saturday just to pick me up! (Whoa, she really did want me!) I spent the whole ride learning about my new classmates and about all the fun we are going to have. 

Sunday- Today, Mom and Dad went to the store to pick up my school supplies (a notebook for the kids to write in the lessons they teach me). 

They even took me to my new school to let me explore the classroom and set up my very own desk! 

I'm so excited for my first day tomorrow! I'm worried though, will my new classmates like me? Will they want to be my friend? Is my new principal a scary man? So many wonderings!

Well gotta run! Mom says it's past my bed time. I hope I can sleep from all the excitement of tomorrow!

2 comments: