Dunkin the Bunny

Dunkin the Bunny
Exploring his new surroundings

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

EWW GROSS!

Hey friends!

  Today was...interesting. Don't get me wrong, I had fun with my friends and they taught me a lot about multiplication, but it was just interesting.

  I hope you are sitting down, because this is pretty funny. I was just hoping around the class helping out my friends with their punctuation practice, and I noticed this thing. I don't know what it is called, so I call it a thing. So anyways, this thing, caught my eye. I had sniffed and looked at it before but it never caught my interest long enough to really care about it. However, today there was something different about it, or maybe it was just my adventurous side coming out again. Either way, I had to get a better look.

 There I was just sniffing it and I got a sudden urge! It was so intense I just couldn't help it. This urge went all the way from my nose to my toes and before I knew it I jumped so high and "PLOP."

   OH MY GOSH!! Where am I? What just happened? Mom is laughing at me, my friends are laughing. Oh no, IM STUCK!!! I wriggled and wriggled and I couldn't get free. Mom reached into this thing and pulled me out, I was really embarrassed. Thank goodness though, because that was scary.

  Once Mom could catch her breath, it dawned on me what happened, I had hopped into the, dare I say it, TRASH CAN! EWWW GROSSS! Man, now I have to take like, 4 showers! Ugh, I'm so silly. I was so embarrassed! I stretched out in shame, away from my friends hoping the embarrassment would pass.


  Anyways-So today we did some more multiplication practice. I really liked the activity we did, it was like a crossword but for one digit-by-one digit multiplication. My friends did so well on it. They didn't need help figuring out how to play. Plus, they didn't have to use their multiplication charts either! They are going to do so well on their quiz Friday!


  In Language Arts, we are reading this really good book called The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. Wow, is it good! (Plus, it is about a rabbit!) However, I like it because there are a bunch of hard words that my friends and I don't really understand.   We are really starting to get used to using context clues to figure out the answers. If we ask Mom about what a word means, she repeats the sentence or sentences around it and we have to use the context clues and our schema to figure out what it means. She makes us think, HARD! (In my opinion, that makes it more fun.)


  Well time to go ask Dad for Book Fair money. Tomorrow is the last day and Ms. French-Fry has some great books in there!

Good night dear friends!

PS- Don't hop into trash cans. You'll get stuck and people will laugh at you!

9 comments:

  1. that was funny but don't do it agin because somone is going to pee there pants and you don't want to take that much shower's that is wasting alot of bunny shampoo and well that other soap but it was still funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. yesterday i liked readiNg to u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunkin did u know six-hundrad therthy-five times five equals three-thousend one hundrad seventhy-five

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunkin, I am a music teacher in another city and I just love your stories! My son is in the 4th grade so your classroom friends sounds a lot like him. I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dog did that once....but it fell on him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms. Parrish! Thanks for following our story! Please tell your son hi from all of us. I hope my stories will continue to make you and your son laugh and learn!

    ReplyDelete